Jon Huertas, aka detective Javier Esposito

« Older   Newer »
Raffaele Findemorë
view post Posted on 12/9/2010, 22:31

Jon Huertas, il nostro Javier Esposito, è nato a New York City da padre afro-portoricano e madre caucasica. Prima di intraprendere la carriera di attore, ha svolto il servizio militare nell'Us Air Force per otto anni.

Come special guest, è comparso in diverse serie tv come:
-Crossing Jordan
-CSI Scena del Crimine
-JAG
-NCIS
-Beverly Hills 90210
-NYPD Blue
-The Shield
-Il tocco di un angelo
-Cold Case

Inoltre è apparso come recurring character in Sabrina vita da strega e Moesha.

Jon è anche regista, musicista, produttore e home renovator.

Fonti: Sito e Wikipedia

Beh, la faccia e la stazza da soldato ce l'ha. Certo che è davvero poliedrico: soldato, attore (in progetti anche molto diversi fra di loro), musicista e home renovator!
Vi consiglio di dare un'occhiata al sito, c'è un'intervista che Stana ha fatto a Jon

Edited by Raffaele di Napoli - 25/5/2011, 16:03

evidence
view post Posted on 18/9/2010, 14:19

Bella intervista a Jon, in cui parla di come è arrivato ad interpretare il Det. Esposito, dell'episodio della seconda stagione incentrato sul suo personaggio, del divertimento sul set, in particolare con Nathan, della terza stagione che sta per iniziare e di una bella iniziativa sociale che lo vede coinvolto.

Jon Huertas is one busy man. Aside from his busy schedule as Det. Javier Esposito on ABC's hit crime drama Castle, he is also quite a presence in Twitter-verse. He is auctioning himself off, so to speak, for TwitChange, the charity that is "changing the world, one tweet at a time." You can find Jon's auction here, where if you win the auction, Jon will follow you on Twitter, retweet at least one of your tweets to his followers and last, but certainly not least, he will invite the winner to the Castle set as his personal guest. His auction, along with the auctions of hundreds of other celebs, ends Sept. 25, so get on over there and help make a change!

In the meantime, I had the chance to catch up with Jon and tried to get him to spill some details on the upcoming season of Castle, which returns for its third season Monday night, Sept. 20, 10/9c.

Celebrity Extra: You are most well known for your present role of Det. Esposito on Castle, although I know you've had other great roles previously. How did the role of Esposito come about for you?
Jon Huertas: I was in Africa for about eight months shooting that HBO miniseries Generation Kill, and I had just finished that. That was the first time I had played a character who was more like me. We were so much alike, me and my character in Generation Kill, that I wanted to do more of that. I wanted to be able to bring my own experiences in life to a role. Javier Esposito is kind of like a blank canvas. I went in and had my own take on it. Andrew Marlowe, the creator of Castle, responded to that. I was allowed to help create the character of Esposito, help create his back story. Javier has a formal military background. It was really an amazing process that a lot of actors don't get to experience. I thought it was just an opportunity to be an artist in this industry as an actor.
CE: For me, the writing for Castle is just some of the best in the industry today, with each character being just as important as the "lead" characters.
JH: Oh absolutely. I've never been on a show that had such tremendous writing. I think Andrew came from the world of feature films, and in the features world you flesh out and develop characters, and you have only two hours to tell a story. In television, you have a ton of time to develop and play with characters. I think that's Andrew's whole vibe. I think he hires writers who kind of have the same mind-set. That's why I think a lot of people fall in love with all of the characters of the show.
CE: One of my favorite episodes of last season was the one that focused on Esposito and his former partner, whom he thought was dead. You must have been excited when you got the script and saw the meaty part you had in it.
JH: Yes, definitely. When I read that script, people had been throwing hints at me on previous episodes: You've got a great script coming up; you've got a great script coming up. When I read it, I was just like, "Wow." Will Beall, the writer who wrote that episode, is actually a former homicide detective. He and I have a lot in common. Me being former military; him being a former homicide detective. We kind of have the regiment — like it's a regiment of life you have to live by, so we have that in common. We've always kind of bonded, and I think he really got me and got my character, and it was such a great experience to just be able to go a little deeper. I got to go a lot deeper in that episode.
CE: Aside from a lot of the serious subject matter of the show, you guys look like you have a lot of fun on the set.
JH: We have fun all the time. We're like a bunch of kids who have been given the greatest gift in the world, and that's basically recess and playtime all day long. We take advantage of it. Nathan and I and Seamus really, I think, we're the three who are the biggest kids on set, and each kid is different, of course. We laugh so much on set, and we get along so well with the crew. The crew is also an amazing crew, and I think it's because when we did the pilot, we all came together — the actors, producers Rob Bowman, Andrew Marlowe — and we said, "Let's establish a **** policy on the set." So nobody can be an asshole on the set. If they are, they get called on it and are told they better stop or they're hitting the road, so nobody's ever an asshole Why wouldn't you want to keep working on Castle?
CE: When I spoke with Nathan last year, he said that you and Seamus were his Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. What would you call Nathan?
J: Let me think. That's funny, Nathan. I think I would call Nathan our Spanky from The Little Rascals. Yes — Nathan, he's our Spanky.
CE: Give me a little tease; what can we expect for season 3?
JH: Well, for season 3 you can expect, from my character in particular, I'm going to have a little bit of an on-screen romance with another member of the cast, female member. A lot of people, I think, have been rooting for that. I've been told this happens for sure. Also, for the first episode, there's a big surprise. Our first suspect in the murder that we are investigating, our first suspect surprises everybody. Other than that I think you are going to see a lot more fleshing out of the satellite characters — Seamus' character, my character, Pamela's character. There's going to be a lot more of that.
CE: Can you tell me a bit about the charity you are involved with, Puppies Behind Bars?
JH: Puppies Behind Bars, I sit on the Board of Directors for that charity. It's a charity that we train puppies from the age of six weeks to 18 months behind bars, in prison. Our inmates who are in this program, I think, are the best-trained dog trainers in the world. We have dog trainers who are world-renowned dog trainers who go into the prison and teach these guys how to train puppies. We give the puppies to servicemen who have suffered from PTSD, traumatic brain injury, even physical injury. These animals are amazing. They not only rehabilitate the veterans who get these dogs and help them through life on a daily basis, they also rehabilitate the inmates who are training them. These inmates now feel like they have purpose; they have a reason to be. They've been taken away from society for so long that they are finally able to give back to society.

Fonte

Raffaele Findemorë
view post Posted on 18/9/2010, 14:42

Castle Spanky? E chi sarebbe Alfalfa? XD
Bella intervista, grazie ;)

view post Posted on 27/9/2010, 16:27

Group:
Capitano

Non so se posso metterla, se così non fosse la potete cancellare. Un'altra intervista a Jon Huertas:

Although the law and love tend to take precedence on "Castle," the hit cop dramedy has recently spent a fair amount of time fleshing out its supporting characters and that's something actor Jon Huertas is excited for the audience to see more of in season three.

In addition to expanding upon Esposito's love life, in the seventh episode we'll see the team face their fiercest foe yet. But according to Jon, the biggest killer might emerge if Castle & Beckett actually tried to be a real couple

PopWrap: Man, you weren't very nice to Castle last week!
Jon Huertas: I was mad! I thought were were boys! I wasn’t mad because he didn’t call Beckett, I was upset because he didn’t call me! It was funny though because I was so excited to see Nathan again that it was kind of hard to scowl at Castle [laughs].
PW: Is the vibe on set different in those first days back?
Jon: It can get a little crazy and rambunctious, but we try and keep it professional on set. But it's like a family reunion. For nine months, I see them more than I see my family and friends, so everyone involved has become a family member to me. There were perma-smiles during the whole first episode.
PW: What can you tease about tonight's episode?
Jon: It's about a psychic – she literally predicted her own murder and has a daughter who might share those gifts. But we don’t know if the daughter should be a suspect because her mom was a famous psychic, so she might be trying to steal the limelight. Also, there’s some fun stuff with the team being very skeptical at first.
PW: Who is the biggest believer?
Jon: Oh my god, Stana [Katic] would definitely be a believer. I’m definitely not, the supernatural is hard for me to swallow. I’m a realist. I remember we shot a scene last year in the cemetery and Stana was kind of apprehensive about it – stepping on graves. Meanwhile I basically set up a hammock in between two headstones [laughs]. They’re asleep – what’s the problem?
PW: Beckett & Castle's flirtation is no secret to the guys -- what do you Jon, and then you as Esposito, think about them hooking up?
Jon: Well there's a lot of Jon in Esposito, so we're on the same page: it would be cool for Castle & Beckett to hook up. It would be great fodder for Esposito to play with – tease them a bit. I don’t think it would detrimental to the show. But a full blown relationship might actually hurt the show. Some fans call them Cas-Kett. I think the show might be short-lived if we get them together too soon.
PW: A rather ironic nickname in that case.
Jon: Exactly. If we had Cas-Kett, it might be the funeral for the show. The lure is that sexual tension – not even sexual, I think there’s a potential relationship tension too. the audience loves that so sometimes we have to divert their attention elsewhere. I actually heard two of the other characters on the show are going to end up together, so..
PW: Nice. what else can you tease about season three?
Jon: The episode we're shooting right now, the seventh, is my favorite so far. It's about a serial killer, which poses a much bigger challenge to our team because we tend to always solve the murders. This guy [played by Lee Tergesen] gets away and he’s going to come back. But there's a huge twist!

"Castle" airs Monday's at 10pm on ABC

Fonte

La parte interessante è quando gli chiedono della coppia Beckett-Castle^^

Raffaele Findemorë
view post Posted on 27/9/2010, 17:16

Tranquilla, è il posto giusto ;)
E grazie per l'ntervista!

evidence
view post Posted on 27/9/2010, 21:32

Grazie, bell'intervista! E speriamo che, a dispetto di quello che dicono tutti, non ci facciano attendere troppo per la coppia Caskett!

view post Posted on 6/10/2010, 16:57

Group:
Capitano

You stole her
By her I mean my other flannel shirt!

Web  Top
view post Posted on 6/10/2010, 18:50

Group:
Detective

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ahahahahahahahahahaa

ma che fa Nathan.............ahahahahaha

Web  Top
evidence
view post Posted on 6/10/2010, 19:01

:=D: Nathan è pazzesco!

view post Posted on 23/10/2010, 19:11

Group:
Capitano

Oggi è il compleanno di Jon! Auguroni!

Web  Top
Raffaele Findemorë
view post Posted on 24/10/2010, 15:44

Auguri anche da parte mia :)
Nooo, mi ero perso quella foto XD

evidence
view post Posted on 24/10/2010, 18:50

In ritardo, ma tanti auguri a Jon!

view post Posted on 24/10/2010, 18:56

Group:
Capitano

Auguri a Jon anche da parte mia

view post Posted on 25/10/2010, 18:30

Group:
Detective

AUGURONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Web  Top
Simply*Eli
view post Posted on 7/11/2010, 11:08

CITAZIONE (McMarty @ 6/10/2010, 16:57) 

Ummmm bell'ometto :=): Belle anche l'intervite! Oddioooo ma quello dietro è Nathan?!?! ashahha

83 replies since 12/9/2010, 22:31   670 views